Raymond Finch is committed to providing you with outstanding customer service. My years of experience as a Certified Practicing Accountant compliment my work as a Lawyer. This provides you with access to a broad range of skills and the confidence to know that your matter will be handled with efficiency and competence.
- I can visit you at home or office when convenient to you to explain the process and other important issues that need to be considered.
- Advise you on the Contract for sale of land.
- Conduct the necessary searches.
- Organise Pest and Building reports if required.
- Liaise with the other party and your bank.
- Arrange and attend settlement.
- Importantly, keeping you informed every step of the way.
Wills, Power of Attorney & Guardianship
I can visit you at home or office when convenient to you to talk about the important issues that need to be considered.
It is not just a matter of 'I don't have any assets therefore I don't need a Will'. There are other issues to consider, such as who will:
- Have guardianship of your children?
- Have control over you and your finances should the need arise?
- Manage your estate?
- Control assets that are not 'Willable', that is, they won't form part of your estate? How are you going to deal with those?
Why should I pay a lawyer to do my Will when I can do it myself?
The reasons in Gray v Gray  WASC 387 commence "Homemade wills are a curse." The court further states "There is no question but that engaging the services of a properly qualified and experienced lawyer to draft a will is money well spent."
Only a court can determine whether a document is the deceased's last valid will. Where the document contains imperfections, it can cost thousands of dollars to have the court resolve the issues. The late football legend Arthur Beetson did his own Wills and the matter had to be resolved by the Supreme Court of Queensland.
This is a great opportunity to get your legal and financial housekeeping in order.
Remember, the above is for your information only. Always seek legal advice.